I Got stuck mac won't boot normally

Reaction score
Hello, i bought a used mac pro runnig OS X 10.5 and i was trying to update from 10.5 to 10.5.6 combine combo. after the download finished it was automatically installing update. after it got to 50% i was out of power source which actually caused my system to shutdown unnecessarily.
ever since that time my system would not boot normally and i have tried different command to boot normally but it won't. and i did not have an installation CD. Pls. Kindly help me out with this i am stock out here. Warmest Regards.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should never try to update when running on battery. Are you able to restart the MacBook Pro at all? If not, you may have to purchase a 10.5 retail DVD which is going to be expensive. Leopard retail DVDs are scarce and can only be found from places like eBay and Craig's List. You'll need that DVD in order to boot your Mac and install 10.5. After 10.5 is installed, you can update to 10.5.8.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like we are discussing a MacBook Pro and not a 22kg Mac Pro? Best purchase would be Snow Leopard OS X.6 from Apple Online.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.