• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I got me an LG Chocolate!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Well, after saying goodbye to my RAZR that died, I went to the TELU$ store. They said they can't fix it because my dot is red, so they can't fix it. I walked out with a brand new LG Chocolate! I love it! It is SO cool! It's also very fast.

I'm sooo excited for school on Monday ;) ;P ;D :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
That's a nice phone you have there. But, you're still in school in June? No summer break yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0 ghz core duo 2. 2gb ram ddr2, 60gb hard drive, superdrive. ipod video 30gb. Iphone
ohhh no irye not a chocolate. well i certainly hope yours doesnt turn off randomly. in the uk i think theres a lot of probs with them they sometimes cutt off when ur phoning. But the design is brilliant and it is worth the money. Have fun! I still love mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Dude.. I'm in the same boat.. Well, sorta.. My RAZR hasn't died or anything, but I am in the market for a new phone..

I was thinking of the white LG Chocolate.. But I think I might go with something like the MotoQ or something similar. Chocolate is a sexy phone.. Not a fan of the flip version though.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
to Angelojoseph:

This isn't the UK version. This is the LG VX-8500, while the UK one is LG KG-800. It has a different control pad, and it is for use on a CDMA network.

And, yes, we're in school until late June. :\

To punkr0x0r:

The White LG chocolate is very sexy, however IMO the black suits it best.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0 ghz core duo 2. 2gb ram ddr2, 60gb hard drive, superdrive. ipod video 30gb. Iphone
ooh very nice. punkr0x0r have a look at samsungs they have some nice slide phones. I've just ordered a samsung u600.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
to Angelojoseph:

This isn't the UK version. This is the LG VX-8500, while the UK one is LG KG-800. It has a different control pad, and it is for use on a CDMA network.

To punkr0x0r:

The White LG chocolate is very sexy, however IMO the black suits it best.

CDMA? is that still going? here in OZ we just shut it down and gone 3G:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The biggest wireless network in the US (Verizon) is all CDMA. To be honest, I've been pretty happy with them, much more so that Cingular/AT&T and their Network.

As for the Chocolate, my oldest has red one we got her last Christmas. She likes it, but the thing drives me insane as it is so unintuitive. Seems like they went out of their way to make the UI as unfriendly as possible.

Reaction score

My shcool let us out on May 25th, but I go to a private school and the public ones around here get out on June 8th. When does your school start in the year iRye cause the schools in NC start in late august.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My kids get out on June 14th and start up again around the 20th of August.

The state of California mandated longer school years a while back, so they cut summer short. The odd part is, while the school year is longer the number of hours spent in the classroom is the same as it was before. The idiots in Sacramento failed to address that when passing legislation. Since the state failed to pony up the $$$$ for the longer hours, most schools have at least 1 day a week that starts an hour late and most elementary schools have one day that is only a half day. The also doubled teachers "in-service" days when kids are out and so on.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I start early Sept...S5.

TELUS is the most popular down here and they're CDMA. The Verizon chocolate has the verizon UI on it. All TELUS Samsung and LG phones run a hideous UI, but it works well on the chocolate. :)

T

todd51

I have a Razr and I dont' like it at all, I've had it shut off randomly at times and I have had it "beep" at me for over 5 hours when it was on low battery.

I also don't like how Motorola made it so that when I'm in class, and I have the phone on silent, if the phone starts to die, it still beeps, it doesn't stay silent at all.

I'm going back to an LG when I get a new phone next March (yes I know it's a long way off). The one good thing about my Razr is that it is durable, it's been dropped and thrown many times, still works though!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
My daughter has a Razr...she loves it. I have an O2 exec which syncs nicely with work PC etc. It can be a pain cause when you talk on it, sometimes you push the hang up button with your ear......

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Picture time!

DSC01028.jpg

DSC01029.jpg

DSC01030.jpg

DSC01031.jpg

DSC01032.jpg

Lovin' it.

Reaction score
Its absolute garbage in my opinion. I have one and hate it.

Well, I have a Verizon, so it's watered down, but it's not just the hardware I don't like, its the software too.

OP
iRye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cool pinklemonade:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.16 GHz 250Gb HDD 2.5Gb RAM
Its absolute garbage in my opinion. I have one and hate it.

Well, I have a Verizon, so it's watered down, but it's not just the hardware I don't like, its the software too.
Yep, although i dont actually have one, but have family members that do. Its funny cuz they try to make u jealous with their *super sweet* chocolate, i just pull out my vx 9900. Cant go wrong with that.

The choco could be a great phone, just Verizon effed it up, unfortunately. They also did that with the Razr Maxx :Confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.