I forgot my password-apple id nightmare

Anthony282password

Reaction score
Hello! I woke up around 7 am today, I was resetting my password and I sent the instructions saying how to wait to reset Apple ID password, I was reading the issue on discussions,apple.com saying that the wait time in 12 days, when I try to check iforgot page saying:

You will be able to reset your password in 12 days.​

Have more information to verify your identity? If you’ve regained access to your phone number, email, or payment method, you can use them to reset your password sooner.

When it’s time to reset your password, we will send instructions to (•••) •••-••11. Apple Support can’t help you shorten the wait time. I’m trying to wait, what can you do? Wait till then, I requested account recovery request to google voice number which I use it, I have to wait, me too, thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you want to wait to reset your password, then wait. We don't need to see the conversation you are having with Apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
When it’s time to reset your password, we will send instructions to (•••) •••-••11. Apple Support can’t help you shorten the wait time. I’m trying to wait, what can you do? Wait till then, I requested account recovery request to google voice number which I use it, I have to wait, me too, thank you

Do you have access to another computer or the internet???

If so, no need to wait if you don't want to and lots of resources out there with a quick search to show you how, ie:

How to recover a forgotten Mac password

- Patrick
=======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Patrick,

Your Link and comments are well made.

The problem is that it's the OP's Apple ID Account & Password that needs to be resurrected. And that's a big deal as the OP has discovered. It does take around 12 days and Apple will need sound verification of the authenticity of the request.

Ian

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@Anthony282password,

Firstly a warm welcome to our Forums. I'm really sorry that this catastrophe has beset you. It's a tedious process, and you'll have to prove ownership etc -

But it's in your best interests that Apple take this stance. Privacy and protection for you.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.