• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I feel like I need a MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
I'm sitting here bored wondering if I should sell my 13' White Macbook (late 2009) so that I can get a MBP. The only thing I hate about it, is the color. I just want to post stickers all over it so that I don't have to stare at it...wondering how much I can get for it so that I can have at least have half..

any suggestions...I also have a question about Time Machine. I formatted my WD My Passport 500GB HD to run on Windows and Mac. Is there a way to still backup using Time Machine...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm sitting here bored wondering if I should sell my 13' White Macbook (late 2009) so that I can get a MBP. The only thing I hate about it, is the color. I just want to post stickers all over it so that I don't have to stare at it...wondering how much I can get for it so that I can have at least have half..

You're crazy man!;) You just bought that laptop not too long ago...you were all excited about it...best thing since "sliced bread"!;)

Now you seem hate it...and want to get rid of it.

There is of course...no problem getting rid of it. Post it for a low price on Craig's List...and it will be gone in 24hours!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Looks like you're suffering from the computer-version of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome).

It's very common in males, especially those who have expensive hobbies, like music, computers, RC Cars/Airplanes, power tools, etc. (Or in more-often-than-not cases, all of the above)

You should sell and upgrade!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Oh women can have this GAS you speak about too. I know a few of them who just have to have the latest phones and stuff. I know one who has a blackberry , iphone 3G and 3GS. So yeah anyone can have GAS really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Oh women can have this GAS you speak about too. I know a few of them who just have to have the latest phones and stuff. I know one who has a blackberry , iphone 3G and 3GS. So yeah anyone can have GAS really.

Oh I know, my girl gets it sometimes ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
Why don't you buy a cover for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Wait there will be some good deals springing up when the new ones come out some people will sell there old (still new as in a year old) laptops for a loss.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Why don't you buy a cover for it?

This is an EXCELLENT idea! If the OP only has a problem with the appearance of his laptop...then a cover or a skin of some sort would be a perfect solution!!!:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
OP
p3ezi(moto)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're crazy man!;) You just bought that laptop not too long ago...you were all excited about it...best thing since "sliced bread"!;)

Now you seem hate it...and want to get rid of it.

- Nick

I know...I love the Macbook, I just hate the color...and I didnt buy it..if I would've bought it, I would've got a MBP from the start. I got this as a X-max present.
I also look at the site culnool but it's $574 just to customize it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
If its just a custom look you want why not cover it with those stickers you spoke of but go one step further and use stickers from all over the place ? I will donate a USMC sticker if your interested. We have great folks here from all over and I would bet that if you said please........

Clay

OP
p3ezi(moto)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
USMC...umm i don't know about that one...I'm a Army Vet, thanks though

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
If its just a custom look you want why not cover it with those stickers you spoke of but go one step further and use stickers from all over the place ? I will donate a USMC sticker if your interested. We have great folks here from all over and I would bet that if you said please........

Clay

Reminds me of my single days. Me and the roommate had a coffee table from a thrift store that we covered with stickers and I even have a photo of him skateboarding on the table. haha Good times!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4
Yeah my wife had a white one and hated it...so we get her a MB aluminum and now she says ...."it's so cold" *** ??? I can't win

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2016 Macbook Pro 512g.15" 16g.ram Ipad2Air 64gb wifi+4g Iphone 6s 64gig
I bought a Speck brand satin black cover the day I bought my MBP. It is less slippery that way. It looks cool as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.