I don't believe my fans are working correctly. :O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Mac Book Pro 2.26
Hello there everyone, this is my first post. :)

anyways, i am led to believe my fans on my new(ish) macbook pro on Snow Leopard v10.6.2 are not working. I think this because when i have it on my lap and am using it to listen to music and surf the web, it gets pretty hot.

So, i downloaded this program Lobotomo Software: MoofMenu that lets me control the fans and how much they work, and I saw that the right fan was seemingly at -1 RPMs. i dont know how this has managed to happen, but, it has, and i dont like the looks of it. (see attached screenshot)

Anyways, I was wondering if there was a way i could check and make sure this was real and not just something wrong with the app. and, if it isnt, what i should do with the macbook.

Screen shot 2010-02-11 at 10.26.09 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Download istat pro in your widgets and compare speed and temp.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Mac Book Pro 2.26
Okay, i downloaded it and installed and it says my RPMs are about 2000RPM and the HD is at 86 degrees fahrenheit and the CPU is at 112 degrees fahrenheit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13"
A way to check mechanically is to go on youtube, watch a movie, or play a game on your notebook.

You will hear the fans kick in eventually and if they don't, you have a problem. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP UNI C2D 2.53 4gb
the right fan reads negative because there is no right fan in the 13"MBP just one on the left

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Mac Book Pro 2.26
the right fan reads negative because there is no right fan in the 13"MBP just one on the left
well then, I guess that would be my problem. Thank you Themuskr

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.