• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I couldn't be more excited, my "career" is starting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
Well.. for the past 2 years of living in Los Angeles I've been working in production.

Started off as an intern for a production house, than a set PA, than broke into actual production and became an assistant coordinator under the Production Manager.

All in all though, I'm not really an office person though.

I just got off of shooting for 14 days and on this shoot, met up with an old friend who's now working in the camera department (loader/3rd AC).. and his father is a DP (director of photography)...

So after we caught up and so on his father recognized me and asked what I was planning on doing if I was going to move out of production.. and I told him I was looking into the GRIP department (GRIPS are basically the muscle/movers on the set).

He basically shot that down and said "nah, you're going to come work for me in camera".. (I do have a background in photography, but nothing extreme).. Camera was originally the department I was shooting for but it's very very very hard to get into.

so in April he has me starting an internship at a well known camera house and after that I'm going to be working with his son as a Loader and in the HD truck..

so as one can imagine, i'm **** excited.

Sorry for the post, doesn't really matter to most but I just wanted to share and maybe find a few others in here that work in production and so on..

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Congrats.

My friend is a film student at USC and will work in the movie industry someday. I love hearing these stories and I hope you keep us all updated here.

Have you met many famous actors yet?.

My friend had a class with Steven Spielberg a few months ago. I bet you love your career.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Who you know can help you learn what you know. Nothing wrong with that. Good luck, and congratulations!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AlBook G4/1.5Ghz 15" - Pismo 400 Mhz - MacBook 2.26 Ghz
Cool! Congrats!

There's nothing like the rush of finding yourself "where you want to be."

I was the same way when I "fell' into my current line of work. I'd went through the gamut of everything you normally go through, but nothing fit. Then, one day, I almost literally tripped into doing what I do now (title abstracting). At first, it was shaky, but then I got hooked up with the folks I work with now, and everything just clicked.

It's a good feeling. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
| '09 24" iMac 3.06 8GB | '09 iPhone 3GS 32GB | '09 ATV 1.16TB | '07 23" ACD | '06 15" MBP |
Congrats!! I'm an actor and I love this industry, it's very exciting and every step forward in the film business is incredibly rewarding! Maybe we'll work together someday!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Well.. for the past 2 years of living in Los Angeles I've been working in production.

Started off as an intern for a production house, than a set PA, than broke into actual production and became an assistant coordinator under the Production Manager.

All in all though, I'm not really an office person though.

I just got off of shooting for 14 days and on this shoot, met up with an old friend who's now working in the camera department (loader/3rd AC).. and his father is a DP (director of photography)...

So after we caught up and so on his father recognized me and asked what I was planning on doing if I was going to move out of production.. and I told him I was looking into the GRIP department (GRIPS are basically the muscle/movers on the set).

He basically shot that down and said "nah, you're going to come work for me in camera".. (I do have a background in photography, but nothing extreme).. Camera was originally the department I was shooting for but it's very very very hard to get into.

so in April he has me starting an internship at a well known camera house and after that I'm going to be working with his son as a Loader and in the HD truck..

so as one can imagine, i'm **** excited.

Sorry for the post, doesn't really matter to most but I just wanted to share and maybe find a few others in here that work in production and so on..

:)

If they ever need an IT guy let me know. My movie star good looks should be an asset in the tech department.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.