I can't open old QuickDraw PICT files...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I must've made an error; how can I turn one off?

I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you are trying to do or what you cannot do, so maybe you could explain yourself a bit further what you are attempting to do.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you are trying to do or what you cannot do, so maybe you could explain yourself a bit further what you are attempting to do.

- Patrick
=======
The Automator that I had tried to set up doesn't work — but a prompt keeps popping up; how can I delete it (or at least turn make it inactive)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
how can I delete it (or at least turn make it inactive)?

I don't really know as I very seldom even tried using automaton, but Apple and some others have some suggestions if an ordinary restart doesn't fix the problem.

You can try here:
Disable or enable actions

Or if you need more there should be some hits you could use here:

PS: actually, I don't really understand what automator has to do with your posted question about opening a quick draw pict file.

EDIT: if you are interested there's probably more than you ever wanted to know about QuickDraw or pict image format files here:

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you are still having trouble with the Automator steps you're using, please post the steps and I might be able to help you fix it.

Reaction score
If you are still having trouble with the Automator steps you're using, please post the steps and I might be able to help you fix it.
Thank you, but all that I want to do now is know how to turn it off completely so the messages stop popping up; I have moved on from it's suggested usage and am able to handle the photo conversions manually via LibreOffice. Will completely(?) deleting the Automator app do that, and/or is there a better way?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Will completely(?) deleting the Automator app do that, and/or is there a better way?

That would be a rather drastic method and I'm not sure that the Mac OS version you are using would even allow you to do so.

Maybe if you briefly describe what exactly you are doing and how you are doing it and what files you may be using such as Automator script Etc so some of the members could possibly help you solve your problem.

- Patrick
=======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thank you, but all that I want to do now is know how to turn it off completely so the messages stop popping up; I have moved on from it's suggested usage and am able to handle the photo conversions manually via LibreOffice. Will completely(?) deleting the Automator app do that, and/or is there a better way?
That's why I asked about the steps. There are a couple of different ways that Automator-based actions can be saved. Deleting these things is usually easy but sometimes the steps that are used matter in getting rid of it.

Reaction score
That would be a rather drastic method and I'm not sure that the Mac OS version you are using would even allow you to do so.

Maybe if you briefly describe what exactly you are doing and how you are doing it and what files you may be using such as Automator script Etc so some of the members could possibly help you solve your problem.

- Patrick
=======
OK; where do I find a listing of my Automator scripts/actions?

Reaction score
That's why I asked about the steps. There are a couple of different ways that Automator-based actions can be saved. Deleting these things is usually easy but sometimes the steps that are used matter in getting rid of it.
OK; where do I find a listing of my Automator scripts/actions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
where do I find a listing of my Automator scripts/actions?

Try checking here for an answer that should apply to your Mac OS version and situation

I'm sorry, I'm using an older Mac OS version which probably keeps things differently to the one you are using.

If that Doesn't Help Find It, You Could Try Using Find Any File.app and search for name contains service or services AND kind is folder.

That my locate more things than you want to see and are not related to your problem.

- Patrick
=======

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.