I am so pissed. I hate ibooks, i was going to buy one

P

PC HATER

I am so pissed. I hate my ibook,

Ok, I am working on my school computer. Well it has been really shakey lately. Take this for instance if i type something in apple works if i scrowll down it erases what you cant see, then you must type in the area where the text once was for it to come back. Also it no longer will save anything to the harddisk. That is ******** up Its useless.+ it frezzes when you move it and it is not the logic board. i have had that problem. Now appleworks wont open at all, and all my school work is ******* up. nothing opens. top this. now my backlight is going out. I mean ***. I treat it like a baby, everyone elses dropps theres and does not give a ****. Half the time tthe internet wont work, and It has totally lost track of time. keynote wont open now and, I am the only one that has not had a hd crash. can someone help my sorry *****oh and sometimes it will frezee and the top of the screan darkens. Also sometimes i get a hard disk failure message. it never stops. I also have trakpad problems, and my battery wont charge right, thats is probably due to the fact that my charger only works haldf the ***** time. hmm what else, well i think that is all, but i will keep you updated. please help.

OP
T

TylerMoney

Well, I don't know what to tell you. I have yet to have a problem with my powerbook....and the few people I know with iBooks, haven't had nearly that bad a problem...you got a bad apple..get it..a bad apple...man....so.....yeah....especially if others are droping theres and not having quite the same problems you are....I'm sorry your experience has been bad...but don't give up on iBooks yet...or if you do....turn to the powerbooks...

but really....you shouldn't be having those problems with your iBook, and they aren't normal run of the mill problems...especially with the new updated g4 iBooks...no problems with those yet....I know a lot of the G3s had logic board problems....looks like that's been fixed....but I can't say what is wrong with yours. Sorry again...but don't lose face man....

OP
P

PC HATER

your right, I dont really hate them. Actually I like the g4's and the powerbooks. I just hate my ibook, the one i use. I guess I overreacted, I love apple just bought a brand new ipod, love it to death. and I really want a powerbook 12 in. but I must have gotten a frecken watermelon cause it is sad. cause a lemon does not describe my ibook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Have you tried repair permission and all that? I have never heard of so many problems with iBooks! I just deleted an app I am not using and my Mac started acting slow. So I went right to repair permissions, it found some and right back up to speed!

OP
T

trenollet

Wow Dude, if you are having that many problems you really should take that puppy in to a service center. Especially with the backlight and HD issue. If it's pretty old, maybe consider ebaying it and getting a new one.

Repairing the file permissions might help a little, but if the internal compnents are failing, it needs some professional help.

Good luck and hope things work out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
try repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, varify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions. Also make sure you run cron tasks Finder, Applications. Utilities Terminal type (switching to root - superuser) sudo sh /etc/daily > this needs to be done /weekly (instead of dailly) and monthly. again with all apps closed.

OP
P

PC HATER

Thanks for everyones help, I am going to ttry repair permissions, then whatever else I can use. I was also wondering do you think it could be my ram going, cause it wont save, and errors explaining there is that sort of problem. It cant remember anything shortterm. like now if i scrowl down past the quick reply area it erases.

OP
T

trenollet

Maybe, but in my experiance, when you are having video problems like you mentioned, it is usually a sign that the video card is going bad or the bus is going bad. If your Mac is sharing the system memory then yes, it is possible.

You may as well try removing the RAM and see if that helps. If it is your onboard RAM then things are going to get a little tricky.

Let us know what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.