I accidentally broke iPhoto..

Reaction score
So recently I discovered that I have 54GB of photos in iPhoto, which probably is the reason my mac has been running really slow. (probably because the disk is almost full) In the process of exporting all of my photos to my external drive, iPhoto froze. Thinking this wouldn't harm the photo library, I force quit and reopened.

Then I got this message: (it's in the attached files)

Praying that this was a fluke, I restarted and reopened iPhoto and received the same message.

Currently I'm trying to backup my computer to my external. Is there a way I can back up only my photo library? I tried dropping it into the drive, and it said it couldn't copy completely.

I really don't want to lose all of my photos, but I feel as if this my own fault.

Screen Shot 2014-12-25 at 1.36.45 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you try the Option + Comand on reboot?

And make sure your hard drive/s have a minimum 20% free space to work anywhere near efficiently. Sounds like this may be your problem rather than breaking it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.