1. I have a macbook pro retina late 2012
2. I have the latest yosemite installed
3.I have an airport exteme ac router and Cox is my ISP
4. The printer is wirelessly connected and is seen by my network and reports itself connect to the network.
5. The only change ot the system is that I found that my firewall was turned off and I turned it back on. However, as part of my efforts, I turned it back off again, to no effect.
6. So far, I have reset the printing system several times, and have run the trouble shooter several times. The troubleshooter at first talked about Mac address filtering, but my going into airport utility disclosed no opportunity to change that. I have deleted and reinstalled off of HP's site the HP utility several and reinstalled but when I finish installing and it attempts to open the HP utility. it crashes before it can open. Now instead of saying there is a problem, when I attempt to install the printer in preferences, it says it cannot communicate with the printer, even though the printer shows up on my network and says it is on the network. Any attempt to print, prior to it completely failing to install the printer also has it apparently trying to save the printing to PDF rather than print it.
At this point, I am completely out of communication with the printer.