• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How To : View the opening OS X movie and music again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
Is there a way to view the opening OS X movie when you first turn on your computer again?

I would really like to see it again without having to re-install the OS.

M

MacHeadCase

Yes as a matter of fact. I can't remember the name of the folder you have to look for, I only remember that it is hidden and you have to use the Finder's Go To Folder... thingy.

I did a QuickTime movie with the Tiger intro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The path to these files is:

/System/Library/CoreServices/Setup Assistant.app/Contents/Resources/TransitionSection.bundle/Contents/Resources/

I copied them, and can watch them anytime... though I don't. :D

M

MacHeadCase

Ahh! RIDE to the rescue! I knew it was in the System's Library but couldn't remember where to look! Cool!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
ride is a stud ;)

Reaction score
i think ill put that vid on my ipod. hahahahahahaha j/k

OP
Jonnyfive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook, 2.0 ghz Intel Core 2, 2GB ram||[G4 Imac Flat Panel] |800mhz|1Gb RAM|60gb HDD
How come the video file and the audio file are seperate? Is there a way to listen to them together?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
It is kind of goofy... You can drag and drop them in Quicktime and just play them both together (on separate players)

OP
Jonnyfive
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is kind of goofy... You can drag and drop them in Quicktime and just play them both together (on separate players)

lol ok. I will do that.
Thanks guys!

M

MacHeadCase

Well I have QT Pro and you open the animation file and simply click on Add File or something similar to add the audio file, then save as a movie. So image and audio are synched.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i cant find it!!!!
im such a n00b :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
yay, that worked, for some reason it didnt work the first time i tried it... thnx alot MHC and RIDE

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
MHC is correct, with QuickTime Pro you open the movie then from the Edit dropdown select Add To Movie and point to the .mp3. Save it and you have the the movie with sound.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
or u could actually go to every folder and right click the apps and select 'show contents"....yea i like goin the long way...thanks for the tip ride

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.