How to use Xcode for C++

Reaction score
I am a student that is taking C++ and I want to use my Mac, not my PC. I downloaded Xcode and installed it. But I don't know how to use it. I have to use Spotlight just to find Xcode. Then I click new project. Then the Assistant opens. I think I'm supposed to choose Empty Project. Then what? I do File-->New File-->and there are different kinds of C++ files and Header files and Empty File in Project. Anyone know how to write some C++ code with Xcode? Thanks.

Reaction score
well, one way you can make it easier to find is to right click(cmd click, I think?) on it after you have opened it(look at the dock) and tell it to keep in dock.

on the same menu you get when right clicking, you'll see new project, make one, and you should have some options.

Reaction score
a little help...?

Hi, I read your first message of help and I was wondering if you could perhaps direct me on some site or so where it explains the functioning of the xcode tool?
thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.16 GHz
There are so many choices. But I finally figured it out.

Please tell Us how. I am getting the their by I don't have the $PATH set to include ever thing it should so I haver the call an excitable that I have written, compiled linked ..... by calling ./about so I am close to the right place to be.

The directory structure is not too bad it is, like many other things, a bit differ than anything else I have seen. I haven't been working with the box long enough to really be trying to ask for help let alone try to give it. I use really acacia tools vi is my friend in a pinch. Being able to use mack tools programing Unix is blast. When you get a place set up too work that works don't mess with it.

I use really simple tools form the command line and it fairly simple as you add complicated tools and it get harder. If you will run find -r * >files for the the / directory your grep 'file in question' files and find the location file you want and any depicts. Apple has give you very nice tools but so do Bill Plugger, Ken Riechy and others a long time ago that sill do good services

We both have to pair our dues and learn the system. That's all there is to it I am starting at the bottom first.

Gordon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0GHz White, 512MB RAM, 60GB HDD
All the developer applications go in /Developer/Applications

If you look in /Developer there are lots of guides and things. The Apple Developer connection is nice too, and the XCode project templates are great to get you started.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.