how to trash data in my previous MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" 2020
How do I remove my Notes and Contacts from an old MBP without losing them on my new MBA. I guess if I trash them they will be trashed in iCloud and the linked new MBA

Same question regarding WhatsApp, Messages, MailApp

Txs
Robert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
On the old system, stop the syncing, however that is setup. For WhatsApp log out on the old system. I don't know what MailApp is, but if it's an email application, delete the accounts from it.

If the objective is to get the old MBP ready for sale, giveaway, there is a lot more to do, but if all you want is to get some things off the old machine, just do as I suggested.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" 2020
Thanks Jake,
I am passing my MBP to my wife. She only needs her own stuff, like Contacts, Notes, WhatsApp, Facebook, Mail.app (that's the Mac's mail program indeed) and Google account.
I was just wondering that if I remove my data, will it automatically remove them also from iCloud and subsequently from my new MBA.
Robert

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
To be honest, Robert, the better way to go is to do a clean install of the OS on the old machine, then let her set it up how she wants it to be. That will erase all of your data and accounts and give her a "new" machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.