• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How to Record a Video of Your Chrome Browser

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
From the title I thought this article I thout this was going to focus almost exclusively on recording Chrome but the techniques can be used to record almost anything on screen. The first paragraph or so focuses on Windows but the rest is either Mac-related or platform agnostic.

It mentions the screen recording tools built into Mojave which I have not used yet. If I'd remembered that feature I might have tried it when I did a screen recordin a few days ago. If you don't have Mojave on your Mac and are thinking of trying OBS din't wait till right before you need it to try it. The program does a lot but you'need to put a little bit of time into figuring out how to get the settings the way you like them. I used it for the Mac-Forums Sunday chats and never fully scratched the surface of what it could do.

If OBS is everkill for you, and it is for many users, try the screen recording feature built into QuickTime Player X. It's not as versatile as other tools but it's dead simple and great for basic recordings. This feature was introduced sometime before Mojave and will be great if you screen record only occassionally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.