how to make Safari print what I see

Reaction score
I'm bedevilled by pages that print completely differently than they look. IE has various options for this, but I can't find anything in Safari. I've got a receipt saved as webarchive that I really needed to print, but all the vendor ID (top & bottom frames perhaps?) is left off; the only way I could do it was to page-grab with Command-shift-3, then print that. Surely there's a better way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
So if you were to print this page then it would not print the whole page not sure what
OS you are using along with the printer but I have options on my HP to print headers and footnotes also backgrounds or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I just tried that site and you are right it will only allow the side frame of books to be copied first time I have seen this.
I can however go to any other place on that site and print the whole page just not the one you provided.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Since some web pages are not designed specifically with printing to an 8.5x11 sheet of paper in mind, many times your browser will make certain compromises to get the page to fit that form factor. You may have better success with bringing up the print dialog and choosing the PDF button in the lower-left corner and opting to save as PDF and then printing from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.