How to get rid of TechTool dialog box?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
Hi,

We no longer use TechTool but my wife's computer still gets a dialog box on startup that says:

"TechTool Pro Agent Quit unexpectedly.
Click 'Reopen' to open the application again. This report will be sent to Apple automatically.
Comments
show details OK Reopen

How do I eliminate this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
More than likely the TechTool Pro Agent is starting up automatically when the computer starts up. There are many places that it could be starting from so it's probably best to use a good search app to find out where it's at and delete it. I recommend using "Find Any File" or "EasyFind" to search the entire hard drive with.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
We no longer use TechTool but my wife's computer still gets a dialog box on startup that says:

When you say "We no longer use...". Does this mean you uninstalled TechTool? Or does it mean that TechTool is still installed and you simply don't open/launch it anymore?

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac -Monterey-12.6.7 27"Retina 5K, Late 2015, 3.2 GHz, i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, 250 GB SSD
Thanks gents,

IPigoo3,
I forgot to mention that I had uninstalled TT

Chscg, your post tweaked a thought in 'me little brain' to restart the computer and examine the dialogue box more carefully. I pulled down the details menu and saw the path of the problem, followed it and deleted the offending issue. I had previously done a finder search and it said no techtool stuff still existed in the HD so that is what really puzzled me. I also have a program called 'Apptrap' that usually grabs stuff that the uninstall programs misses so this made it really puzzling for that 'little brain' of mine why something could be in there that triggered this process.

Problem solved thanks to the helpful folks here.

When I try to add to your reputations for assisting it says I have to spread it around more.

OP
flyboyy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Post surgery report,

I got the 'easy find' app searched for TechTool, deleted all 51 items it found and now her startups and very fast.

Thanks again.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I forgot to mention that I had uninstalled TT

Post surgery report,

I got the 'easy find' app searched for TechTool, deleted all 51 items it found and now her startups and very fast.

Sounds like that initial uninstall didn't get everything.;)

Good deal...congrats!:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.