How to find folders in Finder

Reaction score
Hey,

the other day I was looking for a Minecraft world folder on my Mac and I noticed that I can't simply search for a folder in finder (or Spotlight). I specifically wanted to find a folder inside of "Application Support". So I am wondering how can I search for folders with their names, when I don't have a path or an Idea where to dig for it?

I am using Monterey on an M1.

Thanks in Advance!
Adrian

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-03-12 at 10.42.42.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-12 at 10.42.42.png
    210 KB · Views: 4

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to our Forums and thank you for your post.
If you open Finder, then engage the Search box and enter Minecraft in that box and search “On my Mac”, that should bring up all folders or files relating to Minecraft. I shouldn’t have thought that there would be all that many; Minecraft being a very specific term.

Moreover, the Folder you want may/may not be in Application Support. A broader search as suggested may be better.

If the Folder or its data is “hidden”, then you may need to use a third part search app such as “Easy Find” or “Find any File” and instruct them to search for hidden files/data/folders.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Normally, when you search your Mac using Finder, it will exclude results inside the Library folders. To get results inside those folders, you must first have your Finder window opened inside the Library folder you want to search.

Alternatively, as Ian suggested, use 3rd party apps. Easy Find and Find Any File are both great.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.