How to Download Printer Drivers for Canon

Reaction score
Recently my Canon printer can not work, some one tell me I should update and download Canon printer driver and visiting www.official-drivers.com can help me solve this problem. I want to know whether the website is safe or not? Or who can give a more useful method to download and update Canon printer driver.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Ok, just a couple of questions, I assume the printer worked before so what changed? Did you update your Operating System or what? Usually printers dont stop working unless they are broken or something changes on the computer that's running them.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Recently my Canon printer can not work, some one tell me I should update and download Canon printer driver and visiting Automatic Driver Updating Tool - DriverTuner can help me solve this problem. I want to know whether the website is safe or not? Or who can give a more useful method to download and update Canon printer driver.

Only download drivers from the Canon web site, nowhere else. Other sites that advertise universal drivers and downloads are setup to scam you for money and the drivers they supply are the same you can get for free from the manufacturer's site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
As suggested use the Canon drivers download site.

Just like to remind you all that the "normal" way to get print drivers now is to use Software update to get new drivers or, when you Add in Print & Scan, OS X auto-downloads the driver from Apple servers:
OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download - Apple Support

HP is one manufacturer who reminds us of that:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c03967522
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c04469325

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.