How to create recurring 2:00pm reminder?

Reaction score
I know someone who would like her phone to remind her every day at 2:00 pm to take a pill.

What would be a good way to do this?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Creating a repeating alarm for 2PM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I use Reminders for that. I get a notification at the time of the reminder. Not as obnoxious as an alarm, IMHO.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I use Reminders for that. I get a notification at the time of the reminder. Not as obnoxious as an alarm, IMHO.
I used to do the same thing until iOS 16 came out. I now use the medication reminder feature in the Health app for that. It's especially helpful if you have multiple medications to be taken on some kind of odd schedule.

BTW if you enter all the medications that you take I think this app attempts to flag possible drug interactions.

Last edited:
OP
H
Reaction score
I just added one of her 2:00 pills to her medications. We'll see if it reminds her tomorrow. She's taking other pills at that time that are in her pill box. Her other pills are more variable (at meal times). I don't want to remind her several times per day so I only put one medicine in.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
The medication reminders in the Health App are fairly subtle. I found them easy to miss unless checking the phone notifications regularily.
If you want something with the ability to notify her with a persistant audible alarm and an audible missed medication alert 30min after the time then you cant go past Medisafe Pill Reminder the free version will do everything you want and you can add other meds or edit times/doses any time.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have a couple of meds that I take daily at the same time. When I used Reminders for that I created a single alarm that said something like "Take Meds" at the correct time. If necessary you can add either a note or picture of the meds to be taken.

As Rod mentioned the notifications in the Health app can be somewhat subtle and easy to miss. One thing I like is that if you take several meds at the same time, those meds can be combined into one reminder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I used to use Reminders for my medications over the past 10 years. But I switched to Medisafe just over a year ago. And now I use Medications from the Apple iOS Health app for my prescription meds, and I still use Medisafe for over the counter meds.

The reason I moved away from Reminders was because I have over 38,000 entries and it was taking a long time to open Reminders on any of my devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I used to use Reminders for my medications over the past 10 years. But I switched to Medisafe just over a year ago. And now I use Medications from the Apple iOS Health app for my prescription meds, and I still use Medisafe for over the counter meds.

The reason I moved away from Reminders was because I have over 38,000 entries and it was taking a long time to open Reminders on any of my devices.
Delete all of the old reminders. No need for a reminder from 10 years ago!

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Reminders is definitely the simplest easiest and most effective method. Just like an alarm but with more details.
I use Medisafe because it keeps a record of compliance and details about dosage changes and symptoms.
It also shows a picture of prescription meds which is a handy reference where multiple meds are taken regularly and dispensed from a pill box or dosette.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.