How to create a reflection image in iPhoto

Reaction score
All,

I am trying to create a reflection image of a picture. How do you do it in iPhoto or Keynote, probably. I forgot how to modified the image. I inserted an example of a picture below:

sony-ericsson-K750i-1.jpg

I really appreciate all your help. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I think you're going to need an image manipulation/creation program. iPhoto is merely a photo manager. I don't know enough about keynote.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
I believe Keynote can do that with a dropzone, but I don't know for sure.

Photoshop can do it, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Correct. You will need an image editing application like GIMP or Photoshop to acheive that effect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I always take it a step further. Add a 1px blur then reduce the saturation a bit. It'll look more realistic.

Reaction score
If you don't have PhotoShop but have the Gimp instead, here's a great video representation of the reflection effect:

Adding an Apple style reflection to your images

When you click on the above link and are directed to the page, look for and click on the image like the one I've attached, to launch the video tutorial.

Picture 2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Actually I know an easier way :)

Launch iWeb, create a new page using the "white theme".

Drag in an image, then open inspector. Go to the 'graphic' tab and select 'reflection'.

Bingo, you have an "apple-esque" reflection image!

Then just take a screenshot of that part of your site, or publish the site to a folder and grab the image file from the images folder.

You can probably do it just as nicely if you have the GIMP or Photoshop, but for quick and easy reflective images, this technique is simple to do if you don't have one of those apps installed.

reflection.png

OP
Gcane93
Reaction score
Actually I know an easier way :)

Launch iWeb, create a new page using the "white theme".

Drag in an image, then open inspector. Go to the 'graphic' tab and select 'reflection'.

Bingo, you have an "apple-esque" reflection image!

Then just take a screenshot of that part of your site, or publish the site to a folder and grab the image file from the images folder.

You can probably do it just as nicely if you have the GIMP or Photoshop, but for quick and easy reflective images, this technique is simple to do if you don't have one of those apps installed.

reflection.png

Wow.. that was easy.:eek: Thanks alot! I have the membership for ProCare and this is exactly what she did. I just forgot the step. She explained to me alot of things and I forgot to take notes. Thank you again for the tip.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but thats nothing. The Canvas version of the reflection is much better. I haven't learned it yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.