How to compile objective-see packages

Reaction score
How do I compile objective-see packages without meeting the problem described in this page?
(LuLu should build cleanly in Xcode (though you will have to remove code signing constraints, or replace with your own Apple developer/kernel code signing certificate).

In the same page, I see that I can also install it directly with brew, my question is, how can I be sure that the package is from open source code?
In brew, there is the option (--build-from-source) to build from source, I'd say it's even obvious, but when I use brew, I don't see a way to verify it.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Just go to the LuLu page at Objective-See: LuLu and download the built image from there. Why would you want to build your own?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Umm, compare the SHA code from that website to what you download and install. If you can't trust that, then unless you're scrutinizing the actual code line-by-line on Github, what level of security do you think you are adding?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.