How To Check iPad To Find Out Cause For Non Stop Flash Player Update Pop Ups

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hi All!
I hope this note finds everyone healthy and enjoying today!

My wife has an iPad using the latest iOS version. Lately, she's been getting seemingly non-stop pop ups to update Flash Player.

Knowing they are fake, when one shows up, she immediately closes Safari, then goes to Settings _ Safari -Clear History in order to clear the cache. This is quite an inconvenience, since she is usually in the middle of doing something. It could be something important or something as simple as playing a game at AARP's web site. The "Stop-Close Safari-Clear Cache-Open Safari-Start Over" is rather tedious, so I'd like to reduce the frequency of these pop-ups.

These used to show up once in a while, but now are very, very frequent. They arrive on all manner of web sites, including those she's used often that never had the problem in the past. Many, such as AARP, are trusted sites. Some are marginal, such as Facebook.

For comparison: On my MacBook Pro, running OS X 10.11.6, I get them- but very infrequently. (As far as I can figure out, I don't have Flash Player on the computer.)

I know very little about iOS and how to operate an iPad, so I'm quite lost.
I've read all I can find on the topic, finding only articles teaching how to stop this for OS X, but not iOS. (Or ones to install Mac Keeper or some junk like that.)

I understand correctly, the fault is either a) Something on the computer telling it to pop the ad up or b) A fault with the web site or one of the ads on that site.

Is there some way that I can check her iPad to make certain there is nothing installed that is causing the increased frequency of these pop ups?

Do you have a recommendation for an application or Safari extension to install that will stop, or at least decrease, the frequency of this pesky thing? I really can't figure out if an ad blocker or a virus scanner is appropriate.

Thanks For The Education!
Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
In the App Store, look for Content blockers or ad blockers. On my iPad (iPadOS 13.4.1), I have AdBlock, AdGuard and Firefox Focus as adblockers. There is also Ghostery, AdBlock Plus and many others as well.

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Thank You Bob for helping & pointing me to the bad guys.
Hopefully in the next day or so I can take time to install a content or ad blocker for a test run.

Thanks Again & Enjoy Today!
Paul

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.