How to back up software DVDs?

Reaction score
In PC-land, Nero allowed me to copy an entire CD/DVD. Now that I'm on a mac, I want to keep backups of the original software disks. None of the likely looking candidates on the web seem to do the job, so I'm thinking I'm missing something crucial. It CAN'T be as difficult as all that, can it? Can someone tell me how to copy a disk? Please?

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can do the same with your Mac provided the CD/DVD is not copy protected in some way and the governing EULA allows for a backup copy to be made.

I use "Burn" while in OS X (http://gsburn.sourceforge.net/) or I simply make the copy on my Win machine using Nero or Ashampoo.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Just use the duplicate cd/dvd function in the latest "Toast Titanium" and it'll store all the info from the software disc into the cache, then eject the disc and then burn that cache to the blank media. I've tried it on Toast 8 Titanium and works for me. I've not used the latest version. 9? maybe. But it should work on there too. If as stated above the disc and eula allow you to do it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.