How does this sound?

K

klumick

this may sound crazy but, i started a thread about my screen being broken, well i have absolutely no money, and i barely use my ibook for its portability. so,do you guys think it would be possible to remove the display and the top where the glowing apple sign is, and just connect it to an external monitor like im doing right now? i dont see anythingn drastic that would happen, just maybe some loose wires? or am i just stupid?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Well I no reason not to keep using the external until things are better, but do you really need the iBook screen removed? I suppose if it has to be replaced there's no reason not to

OP
M

Matt

If the external monitor is worth 150 bucks or something like that, why don't you sell that and get the iBooks screen replaced?

OP
K

klumick

Matt said:
If the external monitor is worth 150 bucks or something like that, why don't you sell that and get the iBooks screen replaced?

because the screen costs around 400 dollars, and the monitor is an old outdated dell that is worth nothing, who would buy it? my main quesiton is just if, i removed my screen, would it still function like it is right now? or would the screen being removed mess anything up? this ibook is old, and im not going to pump any money into it because im looking into getting a powerbook this summer when i get out of school and start working 2 steady jobs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
If you're asking if the computer will function just fine on the external monitor, I see no reason why not

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
I'd be very careful... maybe if there's an Apple Store in your area you could go and ask a technician or genius.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.