How do you change the default system font?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 27" iMac, 3 GHz i5, 40gb RAM, 1TB Fusion int, 46TB ext drives, Catalina 10.15.7
Just upgraded from Catalina to Monterey so I can use TurboTax 2024. I ABSOLUTELY hate the Monterey system font. It is too small and too faint for my aging eyes. How do I change it to another font such as the one Catalina uses?

BTW, I've tried all of the Accessibility options and have changed font sizes in the Mail app.

All suggestion are appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Just upgraded from Catalina to Monterey so I can use TurboTax 2024. I ABSOLUTELY hate the Monterey system font. It is too small and too faint for my aging eyes. How do I change it to another font such as the one Catalina uses?

BTW, I've tried all of the Accessibility options and have changed font sizes in the Mail app.

All suggestion are appreciated.
Well, you can make all larger by changing the display resolution of your screen in Settings > Displays; I'm on Sonoma and the default resolution was too small for me, so as seen in the first pic, I came down one step.

Also, check in Accessibility again - text can be manipulated there (see second pic below) - finally here's Apple's Guide in Monterey with many suggestions to help. Good luck - Dave :)

Text1.png Text2.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
How do I change it to another font such as the one Catalina uses?

It doesn't look very good from a quick Google search I just did:

Posted on Dec 27, 2021 7:47 AM

The menu items for macOS Monterey and included applications are compiled with the System font and existing font attributes. This is an Apple design decision and there is no user UI customization available. Apple did not set out to create a highly customizable UI as one can achieve in Linux distros.

I'm sorry I can't help but maybe you could find something with a bit more thorough search using something like this:

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Just upgraded from Catalina to Monterey so I can use TurboTax 2024. I ABSOLUTELY hate the Monterey system font.

Just another thought, why not consider using another tax application and avoid the limitations of TurboTax altogether and continue using the Mac OS Catalina that you enjoy and prefer using?

Also lots of online tax applications that work with most browsers that should also work with the browser you were using in Catalina.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.