How do I upgrade my disk drive?

S

SuperNova

Hello,
I have recently purchased a new LG DVD RW drive that I would like to put in my Blue and White G3 (upgraded to a G4 450 MHz) but there is one problem... I can't get my other drive out of there. I unscrewed the two screws on the side, but it still wouldn't budge. Are there two more on the other side, and if so can I even access them, being on the opposite side of the access "door"? If so, is it OK to unscrew the other panel on my mac to get to them?
Thanks in advance,
SuperNova

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
If it's anything like a PC (and it probably is) there are four screws total, two on each side. So I'd imagine that yes, you need to pull the other panel off and get to those screws too.

Just curious, how much did it cost you to upgrade it to 450 MHz? It's tempting to get one cheap and upgrade it, just so I don't have to use my Powerbook at home.

OP
S

SuperNova

Thanks for the website with the pics, I'm off to upgrade my Mac :)
And it cost me a total of $192.12 US for a G4/450-466MHz. I tried to overclock it but 450MHz was the best I got. Nice upgrade anyways. I bought it off of macsales.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.