How do I transfer files from emac to macbook pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac and macbook pro 15"
Hi everyone, I have just bought a macbook pro and am having difficulty transferring the files from my old emac running 10.3.8. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks magnumpi:eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
you could use a flash drive or excternal hd.

i asume the emac has a usb or firewire port ?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac and macbook pro 15"
Thanks. I have moved some files via external HD but can't seem to be able to move my mail folders?. I have also found a way of transferring entire HD but now have very little HD space left and have deleted duplicated applications and files manually. It still doesn't seem a very efficient way of doing things.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
it isnt.

if you have an ethernat cable (crossover) plug that from the old mac to the new one and use set up assistant or file transfer assistant - not sure what its called.

may work better.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
emac and macbook pro 15"
I used a firewire cable and the file transfer assistant to bring the emac HD across. Now on startup I have a choice of HD's. Do you know if it's possible to merge the two? Also Target disk mode doesn't appear to be a feature of the emac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I used a firewire cable and the file transfer assistant to bring the emac HD across. Now on startup I have a choice of HD's. Do you know if it's possible to merge the two? Also Target disk mode doesn't appear to be a feature of the emac.
Target Disk Mode is a feature of every Mac.

Just follow the direction on the link Pulse-8 provided.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.