How do I save images? Like in Safari or Preview mode?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.4ghz i5, 4GB ram, 500GB SATA, OS X Lion 10.7.2 ~ I'm in love!!!
On a PC, you can right click on any picture and it will show a pop up menu asking you if you would like to save the picture. I can't figure out how to save any of the images in Safari. Please help!!! Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

Safari gives exactly the same options as my screen shot.:D

Sorry should have said right click options.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" 2.4ghz i5, 4GB ram, 500GB SATA, OS X Lion 10.7.2 ~ I'm in love!!!
But how did you get that menu to come up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just put the mouse over the image at the top of this page and right clicked. You can also Ctrl-click the image and select either Save Image As... or Copy Image to Clipboard.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
When I right click on the image, it went to the link (because the image was also a link to another page) but when I used Ctrl-click it brought up the menu. Maybe since the image was a link, it wouldn't bring up the right click menu.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pleased the Ctrl- click works for you. And yes if the image is just a link when right clicked will give you only the following menu.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well my right click must not be configured right, because when I right click it works like a left click. It doesn't matter if I single click or double click, it acts like a left click.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hi,

I am a little confused now, so must ask the obvious, how are you right clicking, are you using 2 fingers?

As my screen shot shows your trackpad control is in system preferences,
Click trackpad.
Then in the new box click the first tab (point and click).
Make sure that the second option (secondary click) is checked.
Once done close system preferences.

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a little confused now, so must ask the obvious, how are you right clicking, are you using 2 fingers?

As my screen shot shows your trackpad control is in system preferences,
Click trackpad.
Then in the new box click the first tab (point and click).
Make sure that the second option (secondary click) is checked.
Once done close system preferences.
change your mouse options under system settings, then mouse settings. i had a time with that too :)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, I finally got the right click menu to come up. I was clicking with the actual right click button on the bottom right side of the trackpad. When I click with two fingers one time, it came up with the right click menu. I didn't realize that using the actual button wouldn't give the same result, lol. I did go into trackpad settings...the secondary click was checked, but the tap to click with one finger was unchecked so I checked it. When I went to mouse settings, there was nothing there because I don't use a mouse. I'm still a little confused about the differences of iPhoto, Preview and Pictures. I'm used to using Pictures with Windows and then opening a photo editing software program to edit the pictures. I have Adobe Photoshop CS2, but I don't know how to load it because I have the download files as window files.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.