How do I maximize?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.4 2.33Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM / 93 GB Hard Drive
I made the switch a couple days ago. So far it hs been alright. Nothing has jumped out as "OMG th4t is phat" and nothing has been a disappointment except one little annoyance.

How do I maximize a window. I want to maximze a window to the full screen. When I click the green button in Safari it maximizes vertically but not horizontal. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
click and drag the window to the size you want from the bottom right.. next time you maximize the window it should be full screen.

Reaction score
Drag the bottom right corner to resize the window. The green button is a zoom button. You'll get used to it. Why do you need to "maximize" the window anyway?

OP
Archeious
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OSX 10.4 2.33Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo / 2 GB 667 Mhz DDR2 SDRAM / 93 GB Hard Drive
Drag the bottom right corner to resize the window. The green button is a zoom button. You'll get used to it. Why do you need to "maximize" the window anyway?

Personal perference. I like to have the task I am working on to have the absolute most screen area. The second monitor has all the gadgets/IM clients/etc.

OP
Archeious
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So it is not possible to do what I want to do. It isn't a deal breaker, more of a small annoyance. Thanks for the link to the switcher faq it has a lot of excellent information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I like to have the task I am working on to have the absolute most screen area

That's what every PC user tries to do! OS X is specifically designed to have windows floating about and be less rigid. You'll get used to it - it is more efficient.

Having a webpage filling a 20" widescreen for example, when websites are designed for 800x600 monitors, means a lot of white space and moving your head around the screen as if watching tennis!

Another example is that if I've got Safari open, I can see Entourage behind my window and Quark behind that. Instead of moving my mouse to the bottom of the screen on some taskbar, I can just click anywhere around the Entourage window I can see and immediately jump to it. Or I can use expose to open up all sorts of windows.

OP
Archeious
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's what every PC user tries to do! OS X is specifically designed to have windows floating about and be less rigid. You'll get used to it - it is more efficient.

Having a webpage filling a 20" widescreen for example, when websites are designed for 800x600 monitors, means a lot of white space and moving your head around the screen as if watching tennis!

Another example is that if I've got Safari open, I can see Entourage behind my window and Quark behind that. Instead of moving my mouse to the bottom of the screen on some taskbar, I can just click anywhere around the Entourage window I can see and immediately jump to it. Or I can use expose to open up all sorts of windows.

If a web site is fluid it will expand to the users screen/window size. I do alot of reading on the web and would prefer to have as much on the screen as possible. The more that can fit width wise is less I have to scroll up and down.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.