how do i get rid of this(screen shot inside)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
I want the vlc white icon off my desktop, and clue how? It's only there when the program is open. Anyway to place it somewhere else, maybe in a folder or something

Screen shot 2010-02-02 at 10.59.49 AM.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Just click on it and drag it to the trash, which in sense will eject it.
As you click and drag it watch your trash and it will turn into a 'Eject' icon ...

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Have you properly installed VLC? Since you state that it pops up every time you load the program, it sounds as though you simply placed the dmg file into your Applications folder and didn't actually install the program. When you open VLC from the Applications folder, does a folder open up with the VLC icon inside or does it actually open up the program itself?

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
opens a folder. the the VLC.app is in there. How should I go about fixing this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
What you need to do is drap that VLC app from that folder into your Applications folder. That way it'll actually be installed and you don't see that white icon on your desktop every time you load VLC.

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
cool thanks dude

OP
Gary86
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
Another issue. When I plug in the western digital EX HD the "WD Disc" picture shows up, then I have to double click on that to click the "unlock app" to type in my password to unlock the HD. Then finally the yellow/orangish icon pops up then I can use everything.

Is this normal?

I checked and it works with PC and MAC, should I buy one that is specifically made for MAC and just copy everything over to that one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.