How do I delete a book from iBooks on my iPad Air/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21 Inch - 3.1 GHz I7 Quad Core - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD, iPod Nano, iPad Air - 16GB Wifi Only
I pad Air with latest software update - syncing to an iMac: OS X, Version 10-9-5, 3.1 GHz I7, 16 GB 1600 MHZ DDRE. My iPad Air will synch to my iMac. I have a purchased book I want to delete from my iPad. It is in the Apple App "iBooks". I have clicked and tried everything I can think of but it won't delete. Any ideas/help? Thx!

Edit: Since posting the question above I was able to delete the book from my iPad (device), however it remains in the iCloud. So now my question is how to I delete this book from the iCloud? It's not just one book that's bugging me. I use iBooks and the Kindle App for iPad frequently - the number of books gets pretty big and once I have read a book I don't want it again for any future use - so I would like to know how to remove a book from the iCloud just to clean things up and removing a lot of books gives me more storage on my iPad and in the iCloud.
Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
C

chas_m

No, I delete them from my iPad after I'm done reading them all the time. They are forever available for re-download, but certainly can be deleted from the iPad.

From the library, tap "select" in the upper right, then select the book you want to delete by tapping it. The word "delete" in red letters appears o the left side.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Edit: Since posting the question above I was able to delete the book from my iPad (device), however it remains in the iCloud. So now my question is how to I delete this book from the iCloud? It's not just one book that's bugging me. I use iBooks and the Kindle App for iPad frequently - the number of books gets pretty big and once I have read a book I don't want it again for any future use - so I would like to know how to remove a book from the iCloud just to clean things up and removing a lot of books gives me more storage on my iPad and in the iCloud. Thanks, Bill

@chas_m:

The question was how to delete them from iCloud not from his iPad which he already said he was able to delete from. He's asking how to forever delete them from iCloud and the answer is as was stated above in my reply.

C

chas_m

I'm wondering if he wrote the "edit" additional material while I was composing my reply. I could swear it wasn't there, since I'm obviously addressing only his original question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.