How can you Deauthorize a computer...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
...that no longer works?

I used to have a PC with iTunes and had bought a number of MP3's but the computer went BANG and I went and bought an iMac.

I was able to save all my MP3 files because they were on a external drive but I couldn't deauthorize the PC because I couldn't even get it to boot up. So how can you deauthroize a computer that you no longer have so that you can use another computer instead to play the MP3's on. I have 4 computers in my network and iTunes allows me to play music on all of them but it's showing that I now cannot authorize any more computers as the dead PC is using my 5th license.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
This might help:

To deauthorize a computer

1. Open iTunes.
2. From the Store menu, choose Deauthorize Computer (In earlier versions of iTunes access this from the Advanced menu).
3. Select "Deauthorize Computer for Apple Account" and enter your Apple ID and password.

Make sure you deauthorize your computer before you upgrade your RAM, hard disk or other system components. If you do not deauthorize your computer before you upgrade these components, one computer may use multiple authorizations. If you find you have reached 5 authorizations due to system upgrades, you can reset your authorization count by clicking Deauthorize All in the Account Information screen. Note: You may only use this feature once per year. The Deauthorize All button will not appear if you have fewer than 5 authorized computers or if you have used this option within the last 12 months.

To deauthorize all computers associated with your account:

1. Click iTunes Store in the Source pane.
2. If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
3. Click the Account button again (your ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
4. In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.

From Apple

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
To deauthorize all computers associated with your account:

Click iTunes Store in the Source pane.
If you're not signed in to the store, click the Account button, then enter your account name and password.
Click the Account button again (your ID appears on the button), enter your password, and then click View Account.
In the Account Information window, click Deauthorize All.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" Retina 5K iMac 3.2Ghz Quad 24GB RAM, 1TB HD. iPhone 11.
Cheers guys, much appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.