How can I get rid of scratches on aluminium mbp

Reaction score
Hi everybody
I've got a bad scratch on my aluminium macbookpro.
Is there a way to get rid of it?
some say to buy a sticker for it, but I'm looking for a way to repair it.
here is the pic
thanks

IMG_5944.JPG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook unibody
there's ways to get rid of some scratches..that one looks fairly deep though and most things you need to apply a decent amount of pressure and a compound so wouldn't work probably on a computer

Reaction score
no dear it is not possible to repare it,
if yiu try to repare this type of damage it can be harm for your mp...
so best solution for it is to buy a sticker for it or leave it as it is......
take care,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Try to match the color of the aluminum with an fine art marker/pen. Of course make sure that the pen/marker is both permanent as well as made to work with metallic objects.

Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Get a colored or smoke Speck cover. Once it's on and the Apple logo lights up, you might be the only one that knows the scratch is there. Any attempt to fix the scratch might make it look worse or more noticeable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
The unibody MBP base is machined out of a billet of aluminum, however I am not certain about the screen side. If it is anodized, then compounding it will probably make it look worse over time because slightly abrasive compound will take off the micro-thin anodize coating that is kind of etched into the surface. That looks like a serious gouge, so I even doubt that compounding it would help. Get one of those tinted hard covers and it might not be so obvious.

Would be nice to know if the aluminum is anodized though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.8GHz, iPhone 3GS
i agree with the speck cover solution, get a smoked skin and your good to go =D

OP
M
Reaction score
Thank you all.
Using a fine art marker is an attractive idea but as it seems the safest way is to cover it with sticker or smth. I'll talk to a chemist about effects of using the marker and will write the result here.
Thank you again

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
You could try the colored car polish.... just test it on a tiny section on the corner, or a scrap bit of metal that looks as similar as possible.
Even better, you could go to an apple genius bar or authorized repairer, and ask them for a damaged casing off someone else's repair that they have left over after replacement.

Reaction score
that scratch is too deep... and it's near the mac logo...i wouldn't recommend u to do anything massive to it...for u know it might just do more damage... if it's at other spots, u can try to sand the area and polish it with bras-so/ auto-so metal polish...

i agree with the others on getting a sticker/ skin or get a protective shell for it... like :

http://s2.thisnext.com/media/230x230/Carbon-Fiber-Macbook-Skin_5E4CB303.jpg

this looks pretty cool too...

Or customs

MacStyles | Customizable skins made exclusively for MacBook, MacBook Pro, Powerbook and iBook.

on 2nd thought... just the sticker/Skin... shells are no good for MBP... it traps the heat of MPB causing it overheat....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Use fine grit sandpaper in a circular motion over the scratch.

jk.... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.