How can I correctly print on Mac from Numbers or Excel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Hi,
I'm very frustrated. I would like to print from Numbers or Excel on from my MacBook Pro without the spreadsheet looking too small. I would like to have the little information on one page. So far, this is not working.

Can anyone provide me directions on getting a readable spreadsheet to print on one page?

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Can't speak for Numbers, but with Excel, when you click CMD+p to print you get a preview of what it's going to look like on normal 8.5x11 paper. Adjust the settings until you get it to the way you want.

If the preview isn't satisfying, neither with the printout.

You can also play around with the settings and rather than printing to your printer, save it as a PDF. Then open it up in Preview and see how it looks and if it looks good, print it out from Preview.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Also, if the printed document has a lot of white space, or empty cells, you can adjust the print area. In Excel, Click on "File" then "Print area" and set to what you want to print. In Numbers, you can set zoom and font sizes, but you can only select what page to print, not an area on a page.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.