How are you protecting your notebook?

Reaction score
I've had my 13" MBP for about a month and so far I have the following for protection:

Hardshell case
Keyboard cover

I'm looking into purchasing a screen protector, but am still on the fence about it.

What types of items are you all using to protect your notebook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook(3,1): C2D 2.2ghz, 4g RAM, 10.7.5; iMac(12,1): 2.5ghz i5, 16gb RAM, 10.9.1; iPhone5S iOS7.04
I use one of those fuzzy thingies (darned if I remember the maker -- I'm at work at my MacBook is at home!) that doubles as a screen protector and screen cleaner. It does a really nice job.

I tried a hardshell case, but didn't like it. (Anybody want it? PM me. Cheap price! :) ) Besides...I want to do everything I can to not overheat the computer.

I usually bring my MacBook with me to work and whenever I fly, and I just use one of those TSA-friendly zip cases that you can get at Target for like $15 to protect it during travel. Of course, I didn't start using one of those until the outer case of my MacBook got really wackily scratched up, so I can't say how protective it really is. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.8GHz, iPhone 3GS
im using a speck satin skin and a incase neoprene sleeve. both work great, im in the military and flying everywhere all the time and my macbook still looks brand new =D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13, 2.4, 8GB, 120GB SSD OCZ
Speck clear cover $30 (don't go cheap on this, I did, and the screen didn't open to full angle), $5.99 screen protector (lots of bubbles initially, but with cleaning cloth wrapped around a credit card you can push out the bubbles and most of the smaller one will disappeared by it self after awhile **CAUTION** Don't push too hard on the screen you might break the glass). The screen looks like it has nothing on. Bought $5 pks of 3- 4x3 phone screen protector for the palm rest works great!

Don't like the keyboard protector cause that seems to take away all the aesthetic of the MBP, like plastic wrapping the furniture.

Reaction score
I use a Speck SeeThru Satin case/shell, and when I take it anywhere I carry it in a nice padded NeoMetro case by SumDex made for 13" notebooks. Whenever I put it in the carrying case, I lay a cleaning cloth down on the keyboard (covers the whole area, including trackpad) and then shut the lid. So far, not a scratch...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
I protect mine by keeping it far away from water, wine, coffee, beer, motor oil (?) and other liquids that people seemingly spill on their notebooks.

Oh yeah...and have a red plastic Speck cover on it for extra protection. :D

OP
eyePawd
Reaction score

Thanks. Seems like a thread that is filled with tons of information for protecting your MBP.

Don't like the keyboard protector cause that seems to take away all the aesthetic of the MBP, like plastic wrapping the furniture.

Yeah, I actually agree with this. I use it, but it's definitely uncomfortable. It takes away from the entire feel of their keyboard design.

I protect mine by keeping it far away from water, wine, coffee, beer, motor oil (?) and other liquids that people seemingly spill on their notebooks.

Same with me! I never have bottles or cups on my desk anymore. If I absolutely have to drink something, I will put it on the floor or atop another desk on the side. Ever since I bought my MBP, I've been more careful and cautious with the items I have around it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP
Naked. She's too pretty to cover up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 rMBP
Speck clear hard shell (love it, barely there) and a incase sleeve for when i go on planes. Thinking about a keyboard protector.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
When I get my MBP 13... This is probably what I'd get. If you have a 15" MBP, then this is a good choice.

Artificial-Intelligence-15--1.jpg

I use ThinkTank for my Nikon D300 and its incredible. The above case is made for the 15" MBP but I got an email from them today acknowledging that the 13" MBP is now on their radar, but the above case would be OK for a 13, you'd just have 3/4" slop on either side. The Holster camera bag is actually expandable and I can keep a 200mm zoom on the camera and store a normal lens below in the zip out section. They make nice stuff, and I would buy their notebook case in a heartbeat.

Digtial-Holster-30-2.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 MDD 1.5 GHZ (OC) 1.25 GB Ubuntu and Leopard INTEL SUCK IT!!
I have a case I share my ibook G4 and PB G4. It is a $25 swissgear case, cool and cheap. I don't worry about liquid spills as I'm very careful.

S

SpinningCompass

Keyboard protector, wraparound shell, and neoprene sleeve; then put the whole thing in a bag of your choosing (backpack, man-purse, whatever). I picked something that looked inconspicuous and boring. Perhaps it fits my personality? :)

Reaction score
Speck Black Hard Case. Its amazing and the Apple still shows through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4
I just use a neoprene keyboard cover on my MBP ..I find its the best way to keep dust and dirt from getting in there. It is a tad cumbersome but I'd rather be cautious.On her Macbook white she has a pink hardshell and the complete pink keyboard and palmrest cover. I am actually picking up another MBP today for her as a valentines present and will probably just do a keyboard cover on that. As for a bag..we use the STM bag for both when we travel. It's got 2 slots and both machines fit nice and snug in there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Thinking about a keyboard protector.

I forgot I do have a KB Cover keyboard protector but I use mainly for the Logic 9 shortcuts.

614828.jpg

090921-KB-Cover002-tm.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro 4gb memory 250 HD
I have a Speck See-Thru Satin case in Pink and when I am out I have a Targus 13" Crossbody case that fits my MBP with the Speck on it -- just barely but enough!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Aluminum 2.4, 4g mem, 640 gig drive
I use a large caliber Sig Sauer 226 to protect mine ;-)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.