How are you guys enjoying your Macs?

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how all you Mac newbies are doing with your new computers. Are you enjoying Macs better than PCs, are you having trouble, etc.? Just say what your experience has been so far.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
I'm not much of a Mac newb per say, but I switched from windows two years ago and have been in love with my two Macs. I've had no trouble with either. Nothing significant that is. They are great :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
my experience has just been "ok". I got a macbook about 6 months ago. The battery already died completely and i had to replace it. It would not allow itself to charge once it had gone completely dead.

I have had 4 notebooks now and ive never had to replace a battery that soon before.

other then that its been good i guess. if it happens again i wont keep it. im not replacing the battery every 6 months.

Reaction score
I am 3-weeks into my new MacBook experience and I LOVE IT!! I still have to use a PC at work but at home, it is always my MacBook. I mostly use it for Internet, email, word processing, photo organization, etc. but it has been great. There are a couple of programs that I use on my PC that are not available for the mac but I have two choices: 1) install Windows using parallels OR 2) find substitute programs. I am enjoying the mac so much that I have decided to not mess it up with Windows... so I am taking my time in trying to find substitute programs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I switched a couple of weeks ago(maybe 3) and I cant get over how simple the machine is. Over all the most pleasurable part of the experience has been the people. From the people at the apple store to the people on this forum everyone has been welcoming and super friendly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
I love my Macbook, but I don't know if thats only because I'm coming from a Windows machine that's about five years old and very congested. I may have been just as happy with a Windows at this point, but my real satisfaction will come if my baby lasts through college.

The Mac is a beautiful machine though, and Apple generally seems so much friendlier than Microsoft [what did it say when I opened the box? "You and your Mac are perfect for each other?" Something like that.]. The Mac fanboys make the experience great too; the fandom becomes contagious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
Mac is 10 times better than windows have had my macbook for 2 weeks its amazing
simply amazing...:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
First Mac January this year, an iBook G3 for my wife (so I wasn't always fixing things / maintenance for her). So impressed I ditched my Toshiba Win / Linux laptop for an iBook myself shortly afterwards, then took my PC apart and sold the bits for an iMac in April.

Never going back !!

Cheers :)

Hugh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2.4 GHz, 4GB memory, 250 GB hard drive
Just switched recently, and have had no problems, and could not be happier with my switch. Love my blackbook. Although at the moment I'm at the beach and im piggy backing wireless internet...and its soo unstable. Whatever theirs other things to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2.5 i5/16Gb/500Gb/Radeon 6630M-256MB
I own three Macs, two work nice, one is a problem child (used has hardware issues) I do still find myself using the main desktop PC scads more than the Macs but I do like them, they work nicely save for one......but it's gonna get fixed soon enough

Reaction score
I've had my MacBook for less than 2 weeks and all the issues are with industry related websites that refuse to support mac.... other than that, it's a very nice experience.

Regards, Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 17" 2.6GHz 4GB RAM
I'm on my second MBP now (just bought a loaded 17"), having given the older 15" to my wife. I do a lot of development; it's an awesome laptop for that. The new screens are incredible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
I got my black Macbook a few weeks ago. So far I love, although I've been using it only for internet, email, and music. But once I go back to school for the fall quarter, the real test begins. I plan on upgrading to 4GB of RAM and installing VMWare Fusion to run XP Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook: 2GHz C2D, 2.5GB memory, 160GB HDD
I love my Mac. I bought my first MacBook about 8 months ago. I kept it a month and loved it but couldn't justify the cost compared to what I could build a decent gaming PC for. I sold the MB, built the PC and regretted it ever since. I recently sold the PC and I'm now back to a MacBook. :)

You know what they say, once you go Mac you can never go back! Or something like that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Retina 5K/3.4GHz Core i5/256GB SSD/40GB DDR4/Logitech MX Master 2S/
I've got my iMac about 6 months... love it most of the time but there is a learning curve when you don't live on the computer and also have to use PCs now and then. I can't say I've experienced any major problems... certainly less than any PC I've recently built/bought.

Reaction score
I LOVE my new imac!!!

A few things take some getting used to but I love the 'plug it in it just WORKS'-ness about it... and how easy it is to install and delete stuff.. great fun.

My worst problem is fighting 3 teenagers for it..and yes they do have their own pc/laptops!
Julesx

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
uMBP 2.66/4GB/320GB; iMac 2.66Ghz/4GB/320GB; Apple TV; Black iPhone 3G 16GB
I'm not a new Mac user, but we just got a new iMac 20" 2.66Ghz last weekend from the Apple Store. They took care of my iPhone 3G exchange so effortlessly that my fiance and I decided to buy an iMac to replace our Core Duo Mac Mini.

Her parents have never owned a computer, so getting them set up with the Mini took relatively little time.

Love our new iMac :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2.5
I have had mine about 3 months now.. I have had my pc on a couple of times only to play Call of Duty 4 other than that it just gets dusted once a week....

I love my Mac. I just need to spend $$$$$ on some wanted software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4GhZ 4 GB RAM
love it
I decided to make the switch after windows vista came out i detest windows vista i loved xp so that i took as a sign from god o try out mac
i like it and dont tell anyone this but im getting used to the mac style right click!!!! ;D

my biggest fear in switching was the right click loss
it seems silly but i was totally attached
i love my new machine it's wonderful BUT

my only problems are
1) you cant double click with the trackpad u have to actually click??
2) i went from being pseudo computer savvy having used windows all my life to being a complete idiot about computers having to start from new
if you don't believe me then see my other posts on this forum :p i rest my case

but seriously i like it so far
it's just frustrating being this old and feeling like you don't know how to use a computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
Haha, I know how you feel about number two. My friends come to me with their computer problems [nothing too extreme] which makes me feel computer-smart, but the first month of having my Mac has been a definite humbling experience. Honestly though, one of the plusses to the Mac was gaining knowledge of both machines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.