How are people finding Handoff?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz Quad i7, 24GB RAM, GTX 780m, 10.8.5, iPhone6
Anyone else enjoying the Handoff feature? (when it works) mine seems be fine for about half an hour then stops completely until i turn everything off and back on again?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I like this feature a lot though I don't get to use it often. There's only one person who calls regularly via FaceTime and right now my iPad is the only device with IOS 8.

Funny thing is my friend and I were talking about just this kind of feature mere days before it was announced at the Keynote this Summer.c

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I was doing something on my iMac this morning when I heard my iPhone ringing with my wife's ringtone. I was scrambling to figure out where I set my iPhone when I got the popup on my iMac so I answered it from there. I definitely LOVE this, but have to say it is loooooooooong overdue. The ability to tether your phone to your computer to make/take calls has been around for, what, a decade? Longer?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I like this feature a lot though I don't get to use it often.
That would be the same for me. I kept thinking that this was super helpful but I rarely start something on one device when a more capable device is next to me.

I was doing something on my iMac this morning when I heard my iPhone ringing with my wife's ringtone. I was scrambling to figure out where I set my iPhone when I got the popup on my iMac so I answered it from there. I definitely LOVE this, but have to say it is loooooooooong overdue. The ability to tether your phone to your computer to make/take calls has been around for, what, a decade? Longer?
Yeah, it's really nice. I have heard, from those I've done this with, that the quality takes a hit though which I suppose is an okay trade off for the convenience of having a call routed through your computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Yeah, it's really nice. I have heard, from those I've done this with, that the quality takes a hit though which I suppose is an okay trade off for the convenience of having a call routed through your computer.

It sounded fine to me, but I only have the one time I've tried it to go by. Maybe I'm just used to AT&T's level of sound quality...:Grimmace:

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've don't it a couple of times. The first time I didn't notice any difference in quality. The time that I did notice problems I'm pretty sure I was having some internet connectivity / speed issues.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
It sounded fine to me, but I only have the one time I've tried it to go by. Maybe I'm just used to AT&T's level of sound quality...:Grimmace:

Oh, it was fine for me. The person on the other end noted a discernible quality change. I'm guessing this was more a product of microphone differences and echoes with the Mac.

C

chas_m

This is probably one area where using a 5GHz wifi network might make a serious difference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.