Hooking up Printer to Network

Reaction score
I am planning to install a wireless network after I get my new MB. Hooked up to the network will be a PC and the MB. My printer is not network compatible, so besides Airport is there another wireless router which allows one to hook up a USB printer. I know that it is possible to hook the printer up through the PC, but I thought that there were sometimes problems with that approach. Also, I wanted to avoid buying an adapter to make the printer network-compatible. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
My son and I share a printer which is hooked up via USB to my iMac.
To do this hook your printerup to your Mac make it available via the printer sharing function in the system preferences. Printer & Faxes --- Sharing tab.
Then when your other mac is online just do a search for available printers . You should see yours and then just choose it.BTW it only works when the parent iMac is on. It's so easy it's child's play....... Blast just re- read your post I didn't see the PC-Mac bit ...sorry

OP
P
Reaction score
The PC bit messes it up, but hopefully I'll start a trend in the household and the next desktop will be a Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.