Home page of MacBook Pro from Windows side totally garbled

Reaction score
Have tried to restart MacBook Pro from my Windows side and the desktop page is totally garbled. Looks like one huge bitmap - can barely see icons on home page. Otherwise, when I go the other websites, I see them clearly.

Thoughts about how to get a visually clear desktop home page back?

Thanks.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've moved your thread to the Running Windows area as that seemed a more appropriate location.

Not sure I have an answer for this but if it were having these issues in more programs I'd wonder if the screen resolution wasn't getting reset to a lower resolution as Windows is booting.

BTW What Mac hardware and OS version is involved and what version of Windows?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
It sounds like the display driver has not been installed within your Windows OS. Are you using Boot Camp or a virtual program? Since you haven't mentioned what Mac, macOS, winOS, and other app you are using, you can start here, https://support.apple.com/boot-camp, if you are using Boot Camp.

Last edited:
OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I am using the Windows side of a MacBook Pro. I did some experimenting and found that adding a new background color helped that awful, garbled and unreadable background on my desktop.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.