• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

hidden network without encryption and password

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.0 2GB ddr3
I have a laptop - macbook with macosx snow leopard. In office have a modem which has hidden ssid (not seen it) without passwords and encryption. Under windows problems go to the Internet does not arise, it's set to the network name, remember. In MacOSX go this way does not work - when trying to Join other network and the introduction of the network name shows Connection failed. Who knows how to win a challenge? SSID not offer to prescribe, access for me to point no, the evil bosses ... Please help solve this problem. Google did not return any results.
Thank you in advance for your answers!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 2.26Ghz Core 2 Duo, 8GB Ram, 500GB WD 7200rpm HDD
try the forums at hak5.org, or binary revolution forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Best way forward is to simply ask the network admin on how to connect.
If the network is accessible for you, I am sure he will explain.
If the network is meant to be accessible for specific people only , bad luck.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.