Here's a question for you guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
When os x tiger comes out will all the programs for 10.3 run on 10.4? Like neooffice, msn, audim x, etc. ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I've been wondering that myself.. I believe that the majority of the apps will indeed work perfectly. However, the apps that don't behave will probably receive an update from their developers relatively soon after Tiger...I've already seen some software companies release 10.4 versions of their apps...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
Looking at the development od Tiger, it doesn't actually seem to be any different from panther other than a few extra features and some added functionality. Yes it is 64 bit, but it's still going to work on the current line of 32 bit G4 processors (eMacs, Powerbooks, ibooks, Mac mini) so for that reason, I don't see why there would be any problems at all running Panther apps on Tiger, they just won't take full advantage of the new OS.

OP
iphix
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 1.2 ghz / 30GB 4200 / 1.25 GIG
I see.

Well, I heard that Tiger will run better on older g3 ibooks (mine), so thats hy i'm waiting to get that instead of panther.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 2ghz Dual Processor, 12" Scrolling TrackPad Powerbook
Don't take my word for it. It's just an assumption. But as ApplejustWorks said, if there is an issue, no doubt publishers will offer updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Most programs will run fine. Some won't. Those that won't I'm sure will have versions released when Tiger is to make them work. That's why developers get test versions of Tiger to make sure everything will be fine with the new OS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.