Here's a good one for you guys ...

Reaction score
MacBook Pro ... 2.5ghz/4 gig ram/snow lep ...

Starting maybe 3 weeks ago ... as I was working, my machines just, for the lack of a better word, froze. But it was truely frozen. I could click on stuff with my mouse, but couldn't close anything, save anything, force quit anything, my keyboard wouldn't work, all I could do was literally see my mouse moving, and the show I was watching on hulu desktop client was still playing. Here's where it gets interesting ... since I have not other options, I hard power it down ... wait a minute or so, fire it back up. I get the schwong ... grey screen ... no apple. I power it down again, same thing. The machine won't boot any way shape or form after this happens. I can't firewire to it, can't boot from cd, etc.

I have a 2.5 year old macbook pro that my wife uses. I pull the drives out of both machines, swap them ... both machines boot up perfectly fine, like nothing has ever happened. So I swap drives back to their appropriate machines ... both work like a charm. ***???? I'm stumped on this one. Any ideers?

j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.53, 4gigs RAM, 250hd
your drive just wanted some air.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.