Help!

Reaction score
I checked for software updates on my 2010 iMac and it needed one, and now the wireless keyboard and mouse don't work. I'm running the latest Lion software. Everything was fine before I downloaded the software update and restarted my computer. Restarted a second time and wireless bluetooth keyboard and mouse worked for three days, now they won't work. Installed new batteries and they still won't work. I don't have another mouse in the house to try to use. Phone support with Apple expired and I don't want to pay $40 for tech support call.

Reaction score
You need to go in and repair permissions with the install OS disc or the utilities repair disc. You may need to find a wired mouse Etc. Thats why you keep wired Keyboards and stuff around. I all ways repair permissions after an update.

OP
W
Reaction score
I don't have a repair disc since Apple stopped using discs. It didn't come with any.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't have a repair disc since Apple stopped using discs. It didn't come with any.

After you downloaded Lion you were supposed to make a "boot disk"...just for this sort of reason (if you have a problem).

- Nick

OP
W
Reaction score
Well, it was so simple to fix that I feel stupid. All I had to do was unplug it from the power outlet for 15 seconds, then replug it and turn the Mac back on and then everything reset itself. See, the Bluetooth had shut off but I couldn't make it turn back on, so I googled and found the solution on an old Mac Discussion on the Internet. Thank God for Google.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.