Help with mac os ?

Reaction score
This is messed up.. I accidently erased all os from the mac by messing with bootable usb.. Now when I boot up it shows some sort of "block" logo instead of apple and it's impossible to get in recovery mode, and the good news that cd drive doesn't work because the laser is dead, is it possible to fix it somehow without taking it fixed by professionals?

OP
E
Reaction score
mac

p.s i got to a recovery mode, but how do I install mac os x without cd? with usb bootable it gives me error resource busy, If I try to install it from mac itself it gives error "This item is temporarily unavailable" .. How to fix these problems to install mountain lion?? Its 2008 early 13' model

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
This is messed up.. I accidently erased all os from the mac by messing with bootable usb.. Now when I boot up it shows some sort of "block" logo instead of apple and it's impossible to get in recovery mode, and the good news that cd drive doesn't work because the laser is dead, is it possible to fix it somehow without taking it fixed by professionals?

p.s i got to a recovery mode, but how do I install mac os x without cd? with usb bootable it gives me error resource busy, If I try to install it from mac itself it gives error "This item is temporarily unavailable" .. How to fix these problems to install mountain lion?? Its 2008 early 13' model

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Your two posts above are like screams from a pyscho ward - ;)

What Mac machine are you using? What OS is installed or on an external drive? What do you mean by 'messing with bootable USB? What does "block" logo mean? We cannot help you unless you write an understandable post w/ pertinent details - sorry. Dave

OP
E
Reaction score
mac

Hello ! It's a macbook 13' inch early 2008 (plastic) model. It originally came with leopard os x 10.5 but I bought it second hand so it was updated to lion os and I don't have an original CD. "Block" logo indicated that there was no OS I guess, because mac tried to boot from an empty HDD, so I changed the boot to "Recovery HD" . The main problem is that I can't get that mac to install a new mac os lion.. I don't have a CD of it (CD drive of mac doesn't work) and when I try to reinstall it via mac itself it asks me appstore id and then I get error "This item is temporaraily unavailable". If I try to do it via usb bootable (mac os x installer in usb stick) it gives me error "Resource busy" .. So is it possible to fix it without taking it to mac professionals??

Reaction score
If you could get to an Apple Store, make an appointment with the Genius Bar and they will install it for you .. no charge likely.
Otherwise ....

In order to run the recovery install, you may have to purchase Lion.
OS X Lion (10.7) - Apple Store (U.S.)
You'll then get a redemption code that you need to apply to the AppStore AppleID you're trying to use. That will, hopefully, take care of the "This item is temporaraily unavailable" and allow you to install via internet.

OS X Lion: Erase and reinstall Mac OS X

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.