Help with forum posting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2011
Hi guys,

Just bought my MBP 13 inch recently and I'm active in a few forums but I can't seem to be able to use Option S to post on forums (Alt S on Windows) like I always did on my Dell laptop.

I'm using Firefox 11 which don't allow me to use any hotkey for posting on a forum.

C

chas_m

What do you need to do this FOR exactly, given that the reply box is directly below the posts on each page of a thread?

Or are you talking about a keyboard command to make your reply actually post (ie the "post quick reply" button)? I think because there are two options there, the option-s command won't work.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2011
Thanks for the reply. =)

Yes its for the quick reply box how do we make it work then? =)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2011
Anyone has a solution to this? After typing a reply in the quick reply box, what can we do to make the shortcut work in Firefox?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't use FF (using Chrome, Safari, Opera) but I see no advantage in using option S as a shortcut to reply. IMO, it's a lot easier to just click with the mouse on the reply box (which chas pointed out is right below the thread box) or use your trackpad.

As far as I am aware, option S does not work with our forum software. As I stated above I don't use FF, but I did experiment with the other browsers and it's not supported.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13" 2011
Hi guys, really appreciate the replies. I've found a bypass to that, each time I finish typing a post I'll just use tab and hit enter. :) Works everywhere else too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini OS X El Capitan 2.6 Ghz i GB 1 TB
Firefox

I don't use FF (using Chrome, Safari, Opera) but I see no advantage in using option S as a shortcut to reply. IMO, it's a lot easier to just click with the mouse on the reply box (which chas pointed out is right below the thread box) or use your trackpad.

As far as I am aware, option S does not work with our forum software. As I stated above I don't use FF, but I did experiment with the other browsers and it's not supported.

I do not know what option S is but you do have me wondering with your comment: "it's not supported". Are you saying Firefox is not supported? And/or - could that be why I've had so much trouble finally getting registered and able to post at the forums? So why isn't Firefox supported and by whom? That is, if that is what you meant. I may be misunderstanding.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I do not know what option S is but you do have me wondering with your comment: "it's not supported". Are you saying Firefox is not supported? And/or - could that be why I've had so much trouble finally getting registered and able to post at the forums? So why isn't Firefox supported and by whom? That is, if that is what you meant. I may be misunderstanding.
Firefox is supported. The Option S keyboard shortcut is not.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hey, Ladies & Gents,

You do know that that you are responding to an April 2012 thread?;P:Mischievous:

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini OS X El Capitan 2.6 Ghz i GB 1 TB
Hey, Ladies & Gents,

You do know that that you are responding to an April 2012 thread?;P:Mischievous:

Ian

Considering what I wanted to know, it fits. But, you are right. Pay attention to posted dates. Scotland to England to Wales? O'r gorau. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.