Help passwording connection

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.25 GHz 2gig DDR SDRAM, 120Gig hard drive. 60gig vid ipod. Canon 1D MKIII
I've already done alot of searching but can't find the answer
I just signed up with comcast and bought a Lynksis wireless router. My built in airport finds and connects to the internet fine.
The wireless connection shows up as "Lynksis"

What I want to do is rename and password the connection so my neighbors don't steal off of it, how do I do that?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
You need to open the router's configuration webpage (Typically this is done by opening a browser and going to 192.168.1.1 or whatever address is your default gateway). Go into Wireless Security settings and enable WPA (or better yet, WPA2) encryption. You can also change the name of your wireless access point from this page.

Your manual should detail the process for doing this. It will be different depending on the make and model of the router.

OP
stkshftgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G4, 1.25 GHz 2gig DDR SDRAM, 120Gig hard drive. 60gig vid ipod. Canon 1D MKIII
You need to open the router's configuration webpage (Typically this is done by opening a browser and going to 192.168.1.1 or whatever address is your default gateway). Go into Wireless Security settings and enable WPA (or better yet, WPA2) encryption. You can also change the name of your wireless access point from this page.

Your manual should detail the process for doing this. It will be different depending on the make and model of the router.

Thanks alot!!! that did it all fixed...=)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.