Help! OSX greys out screen and makes me restart

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
Hi all, could really use some help here. This problem just started about 3 hours ago. Everything worked find then i was gonna link up to my friends G4 via bluetoothe. All of a sudden i get a line that comes down the display greying out everything i was doing and it tells me i have to restart my computer now. Then when i got back in spotlight was indexing my HD.

The only time that it seems to give me this message is when im attempting to use something with bluetoothe. Can anyone helpe me, im freaking out here.

Reaction score
Usually I only get that message when my computer overheats.
When was the last time you reset your pRam?
I dont know if that will fix it, but it fixed mine when I owned one.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
This machine is only about 4 days old. What is pRAM?

I talked with apple on the phone today and they said its usually asoiciated with downloading thrid party software and it screws up the HD and makes things unstable. I ran a coupe disk utilities and it hasn't dont it since this afternoon so im keeping my fingers crossed.

In case this doesn't stay fixed can tell me how i go about fixing the PRAM? Im a very experienced PC person out but im a complete Noob when it comes to mac stuff at this time. Im working on it though!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
to reset the pram reboot your mac and hold down cmd - opt - p -r on the keyboard. It'll come up, chime and reboot, hold them till it's done it 3 times. If you're close to an apple store and continue to have problems, make an appointment at the genius bar.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.