Help on Yosemite Download

Reaction score
My internet at my new house is pretty appauling, if i download the Yosemite Installer off the App Store, will i need an internet connection afterwards, when i actually go to USE the installer?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The download is over 5GB so you will need a reasonable speed to complete the download, and then you will have to update to 10.10.2 so yes you will need the 'net after installing, and for future updates.

OP
C
Reaction score
The download is over 5GB so you will need a reasonable speed to complete the download, and then you will have to update to 10.10.2 so yes you will need the 'net after installing, and for future updates.

thanks man. downloading the installer now.

Having internet after i've installed it wasnt the issue, it was incase my wifi stopped halfway through the install - would things mess up ? but it's looking like i only need the inernet for downloading the installer and not actually for the process of installing Yosemite

How long does it take to install by the way? or does that depend on how much of my HDD is filled up ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Fifteen minutes or so and how full is your hard drive? Remember at least 20% free space of the drive's total capacity otherwise slow downs become the order of the day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Before installing, you may want to create a bootable flash drive in case there are problems, or you need to reinstall, or have other Macs.A forum search will yield instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.