Help me for my decision.

I'm owning a 12" iBook, I bought it for long time and now I decide to buy a new one. My choice is still a Apple Portable machine. Im considering which one is best for me and most affortable. As you guys think, iBook and PowerBook which one is better? I love the white color of the iBook but i think PowerBook is more powerful.
In all these machines, which one you i should choose?

- iBook 12"
- ibook 14"
- PowerBook 12" w/ Combo
- PowerBook 12" w/ SuperDrive
- PowerBook 15"

I'm a webdeveloper so My needs is a machine which can run Photoshop & DreamWeaver smothly. Listen to music (w/ my iPod of course), And play 3D sometimes for relaxing, Sync with handheld device, surf the internet wirelessly, and Bluetooth of course. My Pocket Money allows me up to the 15" PowerBook only, forget about 17".

So what do you guys think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Personally I'd go for the 15" or 12" powerbook (combo drive). If your budget allows it, definitely go for the powerbook over the iBook. And if you're not doing video editing or the like, a superdrive seems superfluous.

On the other hand, if you go for the cheaper iBook, with the savings you make you could buy some very good software. If you already have the software then it's a no-brainer - the only choice you have to make is about screen size of the powerbook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I like the 12 Powerbook -- happy birthday muso! The compactness rules!

OP
P

psychotoe

I'm owning a 12" iBook, I bought it for long time and now I decide to buy a new one. My choice is still a Apple Portable machine. Im considering which one is best for me and most affortable. As you guys think, iBook and PowerBook which one is better? I love the white color of the iBook but i think PowerBook is more powerful.
In all these machines, which one you i should choose?

- iBook 12"
- ibook 14"
- PowerBook 12" w/ Combo
- PowerBook 12" w/ SuperDrive
- PowerBook 15"

I'm a webdeveloper so My needs is a machine which can run Photoshop & DreamWeaver smothly. Listen to music (w/ my iPod of course), And play 3D sometimes for relaxing, Sync with handheld device, surf the internet wirelessly, and Bluetooth of course. My Pocket Money allows me up to the 15" PowerBook only, forget about 17".

So what do you guys think?

15" PowerBook with a Super Drive would be perfection :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" PowerBook G4 1GB ram 1,33Ghz superdrive,
15" + superdrive ...........

OP
L

LuniX

man if i had the money for a 15" i would do it, make sure you get the 1.5 Ghz (superdrive) the 1.5 will speed things up with photoshop and stuff and you will love the widescreen resolution!

OP
P

pedXing

the iBook doesnt have a line-in jack does it....cuz i am doing the EXACT same thing as this guy. Xcept that my pocket money wont get me a 15'' pb. I will need a line-in jack to plug in my guitar and keyboard for music editing on garageband.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
pedXing said:
the iBook doesnt have a line-in jack does it....cuz i am doing the EXACT same thing as this guy. Xcept that my pocket money wont get me a 15'' pb. I will need a line-in jack to plug in my guitar and keyboard for music editing on garageband.

The iBook doesn't come with it's own line-in jack, but you can pick up one of these, which are inexpensive and I've read work very well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.