Help!! iBook won't boot, did my HD die???

E

eburness

Hey all,

I've had no problems with my iBook G4 1ghz 12" for around 7 months now. I added an additional 512mb of RAM (768 total), an AE card, and an iSight, and the little guy has been a phenomenal workhouse. However, these last few days, the system has been freezing (curser will move, but system doesn't respond). This morning I awoke to find the same error, so finally I just powered down and tried to reboot. Problem is, now all I get is the grey apple screen with the spinning icon!!! What the heck do I do?? Go to an apple store immediately? Did my hard drive die??? Thanks for any help

iBook G4 1ghz (1.07ghz in system profiler) 12"
768mb RAM
Airport Extreme
iSight
iPod mini 4gb
Mac OS X 10.3.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
it maybe just really hot if you leave it on like ALWAYS...but if not hot just reinstall osx ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
You may want to try booting from the Restore CD and running disk repair from it first. If that doesn't work, try resetting the PRAM. If you reset the PRAM and it won't boot from the CD, then there may be a bigger problem and you may have to call Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.